New Year’s Eve Pelican Drop “Blessing of the City”
WE HAVE A DREAM, AND SEE A FUTURE FOR PENSACOLA AND NW FLORIDA– when there is
- Family with good and nutritious food to eat
- Friendship between people of different faiths
- Family strengthened by the presence of a courageous father who loves and leads
- 5 year old who is ready for Kindergarten– who knows ABCs, colors, shapes, and numbers
- Family with a safe place to live, to call home
- Neighborhood market in the place of a food desert
- Child who finishes the school year in the same school he started
- Child who learns to read
- High school student who graduates
- College graduate who stays and invests their life and energy in this city
- Adult who learns to read
- Partnership between a school and a congregation of faith
- Street made safe
- Partnership of trust between a neighborhood and law enforcement
- Hard conversation that builds trust, that leads to peace
- Doctor and dentist willing to volunteer so those who need care the most and can least afford it, can live well
- Sick person able to access the right treatment, at the right place, at the right time
- Business welcomed and encouraged
- Good job available
- Person struggling with addiction is set free
- Child trapped in modern-day slavery is rescued
- Year, where this beautiful place we call home, is spared the destruction of a storm or disaster
YES, WE HAVE A DREAM!
- And we pray, asking God to bless our city, to bring her prosperity, peace, and wholeness in 2014, and in the years ahead.
- And we pray that you will believe God with us that this new year, blessed by God, will be the best year Pensacola has ever seen!
HAPPY NEW YEAR! GOD BLESS PENSACOLA!